Buca di Beppo Chicken Cacciatore
with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 baked chicken
- 5 ounces red onions, sliced
- 1 ounce capers
- 7 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 ounces sherry
- 16 ounces marinara
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 ounce garlic
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 pound soft butter
- 5 ounces Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- Bake chicken in a 360 degree F oven until cooked completely through
and golden brown in color.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic, onions, and
mushrooms. Sauté until onions become tender.
- Add capers, oregano,
- Once half the sherry has cooked out, add the marinara
sauce and reduce by a third.
- On a large platter, place a ring of mashed potatoes just inside
the rim. Place chicken on the potatoes. Top chicken with sauce,
serve to delighted guests and graciously accept their compliments.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
Wash potatoes and boil until tender and soft.
- Place potatoes in
mixer with rest of ingredients and mix on low speed until potatoes
Source: Chef Vittorio Renda