Buca di Beppo Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, with skins on
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened and cut into pieces
- Wash potatoes and place in a large pot. Cover with water and bring
to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook until
the potatoes are tender. (About 15 minutes.) Drain potatoes and
transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Immediately add garlic, oregano, salt, cheese and butter. Blend
thoroughly with the whip attachment of an electric mixer.
Source: Buca di Beppo: Into the Sauce! From Our Cucina to Your Kitchen