Buca di Beppo Little Hat Pasta with
Spicy Chicken (Orecchiette Pugliesi)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch square pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced and blanched
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound orecchiette
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium. Add the garlic
and crushed red pepper cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
Add the chicken and sauté until brown. Add broccoli, zucchini and
salt; cook until tender and brown, about five minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook the orecchiette until al dente.
Prior to draining the pasta, take 1/4 cup of the hot water and add
it to the sauce along with the tomato. Drain the pasta very well.
Place the pasta back into the pot with the sauce and the cheese.
Toss very well, until the sauce is completely incorporated.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Chef Vittorio Renda - Buca di Beppo