Busch Gardens Annie Grogan's Irish Soda Bread
Busch Gardens uses this bread as a bowl for their Irish Stew.
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening or butter
- 5 cups white bread flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl, except raisins, and mix with
paddle until incorporated. Add raisins and mix for one minute more.
Mixture is very soft. Place mixture on well-floured surface and
form into 2 equal round dough balls. Place on either parchment paper
or lightly greased sheet pan.
- Press top of dough down slightly and score or cut a cross on top
of dough 1/2 to 3/4 inches into dough.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Source: by Chef John Reilly, Food Director, Busch Gardens