The Boulders Resort Asiago Cheese Sticks
- 6 ounces water
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces Asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients in a mixer using a dough hook; mix until dough
is smooth looking (about 8 minutes). Remove from mixer and divide
dough in half; cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll dough 1/16 inch thick, 10 inches wide and 16 inches long.
- Spray the bottom of two 12 x 16-inch baking sheet pans with pan
spray. Cover bottom of pan with the dough and cut into 1/4-inch
strips, the width of the pan. Lightly sprinkle with kosher salt.
Bake in a preheated 300 degrees F oven immediately after cutting
your dough. The sticks are done when they are a light golden brown
color, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool, wrap airtight and serve.
You'll need a stand mixer with a dough hook.
Source: Chef Mary Nearn, The Boulders Resort - Good Morning Arizona