Cafe 222 Peanut Butter and Banana
Stuffed French Toast
Yield: 3 servings
- 6 slices day-old white or wheat bread
- 1 to 2 ripe bananas
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Honey, for drizzling
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Butter or oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for topping
- Maple syrup, for topping
- Remove crust from bread. Lay bread out on counter and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on each slice. Peel banana and slice enough to cover every other piece of bread. (You will be making 3 complete sandwiches). Drizzle a small amount of honey on each piece of bread that does not have banana on it. (These are the tops). Place honey drizzled piece of bread on top of a piece with bananas on it to make
a sandwich. Repeat until you have made 3 sandwiches.
- In a shallow medium size bowl, gently whip, by hand, the eggs, cream, vanilla extract, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Heat skillet to medium heat, around 350 to 375 degrees F, or until butter melts and begins to sizzle. Dip 1 sandwich at a time into rum batter and place into skillet. Cook until golden brown (about 3 to 4 minutes before turning) on each side.
- Remove from skillet and cut in 1/2 diagonally. Top with powdered sugar, butter and maple syrup.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/16/01 10:13:41 pm.
Source: Foodtv.com Show # BF1B10 - Recipe courtesy Terryl Gavre from Cafe 222