Cafe Cartago Costa Rican Raisin Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix cornstarch and coffee in saucepan until smooth. Add 1/2 cup sugar and cook
over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Add raisins and nuts and set
aside while preparing batter.
- Beat butter until soft and fluffy. Add brown sugar and remaining white sugar
and continue beating until thick and light in color. Add cream of tartar and baking
soda together and add alternately with milk. Add vanilla and mix well. Pour 1/2
the batter into a buttered 8-inch square pan. Spread with raisin mixture and cover
with remaining batter.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool and turn out of pan and cut into nine squares.
Source: Cafe Cartago, Commerce City, Colorado - Specialty Recipe
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes