Cafe Osage Cucumber Dill Sauce for Salmon
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Juice and zest (colored portion of peel) of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 cloves
garlic, finely minced
- Red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground black
- 3 cups peeled, seeded and diced cucumbers
- 8 green onions, trimmed and
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice and zest, orange
zest, garlic and a dash of pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and
refrigerate for at least 2 hours or as long as several days.
- Soak diced cucumbers in salted ice water for 1/2 hour to ensure crispness. Drain;
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Add cucumbers and onions to yogurt mixture. Let sit at room temperature until
no longer cold.
- To serve, spoon over cooked salmon.
Yield: about 4 1/2 cups
Recipe by Cafe Osage, St. Louis, Missouri.