Cafe Paradise Mimosa Punch
You can make this as an alcohol or non-alcohol punch.
- 3 bottles Ballatore Asti Spumante
- 2 (12 ounce) cans goya, pineapple and guava nectar
- Substitute ginger ale for Asti Spumante and Minute Maid berry punch for goya, pineapple and guava nectar)
- 1 box frozen Bird's Eye raspberries
- 3 oranges cut into supremes
- Pour juice into bottom of punch bowl. Add frozen raspberries and orange supremes. Add champagne when guests arrive.
- Good for small groups. Don't leave out more than an hour because of the sparkling wine.
- Transfers well to single portions in individual glasses, say for a holiday brunch. Just add 2 or 3 orange supremes, 3 or 4 raspberries and 1/4 cup of juice. Top off with Asti Spumante.
Festive Ice Bowl
- You'll need two big mixing bowls, one a little smaller, lined in plastic wrap to make unmolding easy. Secure the two together with a gap one-inch thick with tape in 3 spots, then add red rose petals, sliced star fruit, and kumquats all throughout the gap. Add water, freeze for a few days.
- To unmold, remove the big bowl first, then the smaller bowl. Store in freezer until needed.
- Use big palm fronds or banana leaves under ice bowl, set the sculpture on a platter large and deep enough to catch the water runoff as it thaws.
Source: Chef Shelley Sims - Cafe Paradise, Norfolk, Virginia