Cafe Barbette Blueberry Pecan
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cold
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for preparing pan
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature, plus extra for preparing pan
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and cake flour until combined. Add butter in small pieces and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Divide in half and reserve.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 10 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition. Add yolk and mix well. Add vanilla extract, sour cream and zest, and mix until well incorporated. Slowly add flour mixture, mixing well.
- Divide batter in half. Spread half into prepared pan and top with 3/4 cup blueberries and half the topping mixture. Spread remaining batter into pan and top with the remaining blueberries and topping mixture.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes
- Let cool in pan on a rack for 5 to 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.