Cafe Evangeline Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
- 2 to 3 baked sweet potatoes (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg (beat until frothy)
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tablespoon allspice
- 1/8 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces (better when roasted in oven to make them brown and crunchy)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until batter
is smooth (2 to 3 minutes).
- Spoon mixture into an 8-inch unbaked pie crust.
- To make the topping: Combine all ingredients except pecan pieces in a mixing
bowl, beat on low 1 minute. Stir in roasted pecans.
- Pour over top of the filling.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 3/4 hours or until knife inserted in center comes