Casey's Bakery and Cafe Gingerbread
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups molasses
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine the oil, molasses and water in a separate bowl, then add to sugar and egg mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan, and bake at 325 degrees F for 50 minutes to one hour.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/29/2001 7:21 pm.
Source: Casey Hayden, Casey's Bakery and Cafe - News 10 Midday, Sacramento,
California, January 19, 2001 - kxtv.com
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.