Cedar Creek Inn Coconut Supreme Cake
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups shredded coconut, fresh or packaged, lightly toasted (divided use)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, fresh or packaged, lightly toasted
- Cake: Combine cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, water and oil in a bowl. With
wire whip attachment, mix at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Fold in walnuts and 1 1/2 cups coconut by hand.
- Divide mixture evenly into three (9-inch) buttered and floured cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Frosting: Place cream cheese, vanilla extract and milk in bowl and combine
in mixer, using paddle attachment.
- Gradually add powdered sugar while mixing. Continue to mix until smooth.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups toasted coconut by hand.
- Spread frosting evenly onto tops only of 3 cake layers. Stack cakes and sprinkle
top with remaining 1/2 cup toasted coconut.
Makes 1 (3-layer) cake, or 12 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine - May 8, 2001.