Central Market Hatch Green Chile Sauce
- 10 to 15 Hatch chiles, stemmed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Flour (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Roast chiles in the oven, just until brown; be careful
not to burn.
- Remove seeds and veins. Put chiles in a pan and cover with water. Simmer
for about 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Blend in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and garlic in enough cooking oil to lightly coat the bottom
of a pan.
- Add chile puree.
- Add salt to taste. Heat to serving temperature. Thicken
with flour, if necessary.
- May be frozen.
Use for huevos rancheros, enchiladas, chilaquiles and other Southwestern favorites.
Used with permission from Central Market