Central Market Hatch Green Chile Sauce
- 10 to 15 Hatch chiles, stemmed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Flour (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Roast chiles in the oven, just until brown; be careful
not to burn.
- Remove seeds and veins. Put chiles in a pan and cover with water. Simmer
for about 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Blend in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and garlic in enough cooking oil to lightly coat the bottom
of a pan.
- Add chile puree.
- Add salt to taste. Heat to serving temperature. Thicken
with flour, if necessary.
- May be frozen.
Use for huevos rancheros, enchiladas, chilaquiles and other Southwestern favorites.
Used with permission from Central Market
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.