Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira
Sautéed chicken breasts topped with fresh asparagus and melted mozzarella cheese,
covered with fresh mushroom Madeira sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
- 8 asparagus spears
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups Madeira wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place chicken breasts between plastic wrap and pound to 1/4-inch thickness; season
with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in sauté pan; add chicken and sauté 4 to 6 minutes per side, until lightly
browned; remove from pan and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- Prepare Madeira sauce: Using the same pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons
oil and heat; add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Add Madeira wine, stock, butter
and pepper; bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer about 20 minutes or until sauce has
reduced to 1/4 of its original volume and is a dark brown color.
- Meanwhile, bring a half saucepan of water to a boil; add salt; return to boil;
add asparagus and boil 3 to 5 minutes. Immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water
to stop the cooking process. The asparagus should be cooked crisp-tender.
- Transfer cooked chicken to baking pan; top with mozzarella cheese and broil 3
to 4 minutes or until light brown spots begin to appear on the cheese.
- To serve, arrange 2 breasts on each plate, top each with 4 asparagus spears and
spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of Madeira sauce over each.