Cheesecake Factory Coconut Cream Cheesecake
- 2 1/2 cups grated fresh coconut
- 1 cup whipping cream, scalded
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter, sliced
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 20 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut liqueur
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut liqueur
- Toasted coconut flakes (for garnish)
- Puree coconut and cream in a blender for 4 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Cut butter into flour and 4 teaspoons sugar until mixture resembles small crumbs.
Press evenly into bottom of a buttered 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cream together cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Stir in cooled coconut puree.
Slowly stir in eggs and yolks.
- Stir in 2 1/2 tablespoons liqueur, lemon juice and extracts. Pour into prepared
- Bake in a 325 degrees F oven until sides of cake are dry and center is set, about
1 hour. Allow cheesecake to cool for 30 minutes.
- Beat together sour cream, cream of coconut and 1/2 teaspoon liqueur; spread over
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Allow cheesecake to cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over top before serving.