Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 small red onion, chopped
- 3 whole garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/4 pints whipping cream
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package bow-tie pasta
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Cajun Sauce: Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add yellow
and red bell peppers, mushrooms and onion to same skillet and saute until crisp-tender,
about 4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and sauté 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and chicken stock. Simmer until sauce reheats and thickens
slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add basil and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate.
Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, simmer. Sauce will
reduce and thicken.
- Chicken: Wash and drain chicken breasts. Pound until very thin, as thin or thinner
then 1/4-inch thick (the thinner the chicken breasts the better).
- Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together. Place milk in dish for
- Dip chicken into breadcrumb mixture and then into milk and then back into breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in skillet and fry at medium high temperature until golden, crisp, and
cooked through. Add more oil as needed. Remove and drain chicken. Keep warm.
- Pasta: Meanwhile, cook bow-tie pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until
tender but still firm to bite. Drain and return to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat.
- Place pasta with sauce on plate, and top with chicken breast.
- Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.
Yield: 6 servings