Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad
- 1 pound mesclun mix
- 1 pound grilled chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces red bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces yellow bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, blanched, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 ounces cucumber slices
- 4 ounces red onion, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mango, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar *
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil *
- 8 (6-inch) egg roll wrappers, fried crisp
- 4 ounces sweet and sour sauce *
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 ounces carrots, peeled, sliced into 1-inch thin strips
- 1 ounce green onions, sliced into 1-inch thin strips
* These items are readily available in most major supermarkets and Oriental food
- Place the lettuce mix, chicken, bell peppers, green beans, cucumber slices, red
onion, and mango, into a large mixing bowl. Season the ingredients with salt and
- Whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette (your favorite choice), seasoned rice
vinegar, granulated sugar, and sesame oil. Drizzle the dressing into the bowl with
the salad ingredients, and gently toss together.
- Brush a little sweet and sour sauce onto each crispy egg roll wrapper. Build
the salad in each serving bowl with alternating layers of salad mixture, a crispy
glazed egg roll wrapper, more salad mixture, another crispy glazed egg roll wrapper
and then the remaining salad mixture.
- Sprinkle the macadamia nuts and sesame seeds all over each salad.
- Garnish each salad with some thin sliced carrots and green onions.