Cheesecake Factory Pasta with Mushroom Bolognese
- 6 ounces spaghettini, cooked al dente, drained and kept warm
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 ounce carrots, minced
- 1 ounce yellow onion, diced to 1/4-inch thickness
- 4 ounces mushrooms, diced to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 ounces Madeira wine
- 10 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, bring olive oil to a light sizzle.
- Add carrots and onions; cook until heated through and halfway cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; toss to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables
are tender, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- When finished cooking, liquids will be cooked
off and mushroom texture will appear to be slightly dry.
- Add garlic and thyme; toss to incorporate.
- Pour Madeira wine down sides of pan.
- Add marinara sauce; stir to incorporate. Cook until sauce is heated through.
- Add butter; quickly stir to incorporate.
- Add cooked pasta to pan; do not toss.
- Sprinkle 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese over pasta; toss to incorporate until ingredients are
thoroughly combined and pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley evenly over pasta.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Source: Chef Ray Martin, Cheesecake Factory - azfamily.com