Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or your favorite substitute)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F or 300 degrees F for convection oven.
- Crust: Place the butter in a small saucepan and melt over moderate
heat. Mix the Graham cracker crumbs, gingersnaps, brown sugar and cinnamon in a
medium bowl. Add the melted butter and mix together with a fork. Line bottom and
side of 10-inch springform pan with parchment or wax paper. Spray with nonstick
pan spray. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom.
- Filling: Pour the heavy cream into a medium bowl and beat just until soft peaks
- Beat the cream cheese (in large bowl) with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually
add the sugar, beating well. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat the mixture until
it is fluffy and pale. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and whisk lightly to re-blend.
Using a spatula or flat spoon, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese-pumpkin
mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Wrap one continuous sheet of aluminum foil around the springform pan and press
firmly. Put wrapped pan in a baking pan and fill with hot water halfway up the spring
from pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool the cheesecake to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours
to chill thoroughly.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan. Just before serving, place the pecan
halves on top of the cheesecake, in a ring around the edges, to garnish.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/25/2002 3:19 pm.
Source: From Rudy2 - Tuesday, October 03, 2000 10:51 AM