Chesdan Toasted Ravioli
- 45 frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound sliced Provolone cheese
- Combine flour, pancake mix, salt and pepper. Add enough water to get the consistency
to a thick batter. Dip ravioli into this batter and let excess drip off, then dip
into bread crumbs to coat.
- Fry ravioli in hot (350 degrees F) for 2 to 3 minutes,
or until golden brown.
- Top each ravioli with 1/2 slice of Provolone cheese.
- Place in oven under the broiling setting until the cheese melts.
- Serve with meat or marinara sauce.
Source: Chesdan, Chicago, Illinois