Chez Bananas Peanut BBQ Chicken
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chili paste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Dash black pepper
- 4 or 5 (6 ounce) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Whisk together peanut butter, garlic powder, ginger, cayenne, soy sauce, and
rice vinegar, adding 1/2 to 1 cup of water until smooth. Do not make sauce too thin
or too thick.
- Add red onion, minced garlic, lime juice, tomato, chili paste, tomato
sauce, and black pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Par-broil chicken breasts 5 to 6 minutes and cut into strips. Place chicken and
peanut-butter-barbecue sauce into large sauté pan. Finish cooking chicken over medium
Serves 4 or 5.
Source: Chez Bananas, Minneapolis/St. Paul - Chef Pedro Mesa