Chez Vincent Rack of Lamb with Blue Cheese Sauce
- 2 racks of lamb, each cut in half, leaving 4 chopped attached per person
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Clarified Butter Sauce
- 5 ounces top-quality blue cheese
- 3 ounces white wine
- 12 ounces demiglace or veal stock
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- Roux (equal parts fat and flour)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add clarified butter to a large sauté pan. Add the lamb chops and season with
salt and pepper. When lamb is seared on both sides, remove and finish cooking in
oven for 5 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt blue cheese. Whisk in wine. Add demiglace or
stock. Let cook until mixture reduces in volume. Pour in heavy cream. Add roux in
small increments until desired consistency is reached.
- To serve, trim lamb from bone and slice into medallions. Ladle sauce over top
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/14/02 5:35:13 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes