Cinnamon's Bakery Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- 8 cups chocolate chips
- 4 cups chopped walnuts
- 8 cups brown sugar
- 2 2/3 cups oil
- 16 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Melt chocolate chips in large bowl in microwave for 5 minutes.
- In very large bowl, combine sugar and oil, then add melted chocolate chips.
eggs one at a time to the mixture. Beat well. Add vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in separate bowl and add to the chocolate
- Stir in nuts. Chill.
- Scoop dough out with ice cream scoop and roll in confectioners' sugar to coat.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 15 to 17 minutes.
Dough may be refrigerated in Tupperware until ready to use.
Source: Kathleen Butler, Owner - Cinnamon's Bakery, Riverside, California