Crocus Restaurant Dill Pickle Soup
- 1 pound beef neck bones
- 1 cup raw mixed vegetables (diced carrots, celery, onion, leek, Savoy cabbage)
- 2 cups diced kosher dill pickles
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups diced raw potatoes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- In large pot, place neck bones, vegetables and pickles. Add water and cook over
medium heat 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Combine flour and milk in small bowl and gradually add to soup, stirring regularly,
until mixture boils.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Remove neck bones and discard.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
This soup tastes best refrigerated and served the next day.
Source: Andrew Wasielewski, Owner - Crocus Restaurant - Milwaukee, Wisconsin