Crown Restaurant Mississippi Mud Pie
Crown Restaurant creates this mud pie with a layer of chocolate custard, vanilla
ice cream, and a drizzle of rich fudge sauce.
- 1 (9-inch) store-bought piecrust
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups vanilla or mocha ice cream, slightly softened
- 3 tablespoons fudge sauce
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line crust with parchment paper and weight with
dried beans or pie weights; bake until dough is lightly golden and set, 10 to 15
- Remove pie and cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- For filling: In a bowl, stir together butter, sugar, and cocoa until well combined.
- Add flour, eggs, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared crust
and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Gently mound ice cream over pie and freeze until ice cream sets.
- Drizzle with fudge sauce before serving.
Total Time: 4 hr
Prep Time: 20 min
Source: Crown Restaurant, Indianola, Mississippi