Dahl & DiLuca Ristorante
Italiano Veal Saltimbocca
- 4 (4 ounce) pieces pounded veal
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- Flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 5 ounces Marsala wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Top each veal slice with a slice of prosciutto, 1 ounce mozzarella and a
fresh sage leaf. Roll each piece of veal like a cigar; dust in a little flour.
- Using care to prevent the filling from falling out, sauté meat in olive
oil until golden brown on all sides. About halfway through the browning process,
add mushrooms to the pan; stir to coat with olive oil. If necessary, add 1 tablespoon
- Add garlic; stirring to release the aroma, sauté 1 minute more.
- Carefully add the Marsala wine. Turn veal as needed to allow the mushrooms
to achieve a Marsala glaze.
- Serve with pasta and a side of vegetables.
Yield: 2 servings
Chef: Andrea DiLuca - Dahl & DiLuca Ristorante Italiano, Phoenix, Arizona