Dairy Queen Ice Cream
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cream
- Soak Knox gelatine in cold water. Heat milk, but do not boil. Remove from
heat and add gelatine, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Cool and add cream.
Chill 5 to 6 hours.
- Pour into a 4- to 6-quart ice cream machine and process as per manufacturer's
- Banana Dairy Queen Ice Cream: Slice 2 over-ripe bananas into the milk as
it is heating on the stove. Add 2 teaspoons banana extract, then use a hand
blender to mix thoroughly.
- Chocolate Dairy Queen Ice Cream: Add one cup chocolate chips to the milk
as it it heating on the stove.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
Thanks to Laurie Morland for the chocolate and banana versions!