Dairy Queen Onion Rings
- 2 Vidalia or Texas 1015 onions, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fine cracker crumbs
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups Crisco oil
- Save the very small onion rings for another use.
- Add buttermilk and water to a large bowl.
- Mix together flour and fine cracker crumbs in another bowl. Coat one ring at a time with flour mixture, then with buttermilk mixture, and then coat with cornmeal. Drop into hot oil and fry until golden. Drain on white paper towels.