Damon's Pecan-Crusted Fluffy Sweet Potatoes
- 3 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato pieces or 1 (40 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- inch pie plate with vegetable
cooking spray and set aside.
- Whipped Potatoes: Using a food processor or electric mixer, beat the sweet
potatoes, egg whites and flour just until smooth. Transfer the mixture to the
prepared pie plate and bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the Pecan Crust.
- Pecan Crust: Place brown sugar and butter in a small
microwaveable bowl. Heat on high power for about 20 seconds, until melted. Carefully
remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and top with the pecans. Drizzle the
brown sugar mixture over the pecans. Return to the oven and bake an additional
15 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
Source: The Columbus Dispatch - Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - Recipe by Ann McDowell,
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes