Dan Marino's Penne Portobello Pasta
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
Penne, Mushrooms and Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (3 1/2-inch diameter) portobello mushroom
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) fresh mozzarella ball, cut into 4 slices
- 8 ounces dried penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 medium ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper, or to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Garlic Butter: Mix butter and garlic well; set aside.
- Penne, Mushrooms and Mozzarella: Stir together white wine, lemon juice, garlic and butter
in a nonreactive skillet or sauté pan.
- Heat broiler element of your oven. Remove stem and scrape away gills from
the mushroom cap. Discard stem and gills. Brush both sides of mushroom cap with
olive oil. Place on a small broiler pan and broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source
about 2 minutes a side, or until just cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Diagonally slice cap
into 4 more or less equal slices. Spread mushrooms on broiler pan and top with
mozzarella slices; set aside.
- Bring white wine mixture to a boil over medium heat. Add penne pasta to
this sauce and toss to heat through. Toss in tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper
and return to boil. Stir in Garlic Butter and toss again to coat well. Keep
hot over very low heat while you finish mushrooms and cheese.
- With broiler again preheated, slide broiler pan under heat source 40 seconds,
just long enough to melt cheese. Divide pasta between two warm serving bowls
and slide half mushrooms and cheese over top of each. Garnish with parsley.
Yield: 2 servings
Per serving: 917 calories, 48 percent calories from fat, 27 grams protein,
91 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams total fiber, 49 grams total fat, 29 grams saturated
fat, 119 milligrams cholesterol, 810 milligrams sodium
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6:39:28pm 4/14/03.
Source: sun-sentinel.com - posted April 3, 2003
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.