Daniel's Pizza Pasta Cafe White
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Butter or nonstick cooking spray for greasing pan
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 32 ounces Philadelphia brand cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups high-quality sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup quality raspberry jam, thinned with 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- Block of white chocolate, at room temperature (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the inside of a (10-inch) springform
pan, or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Wrap the outside bottom and sides
of the pan in two layers of aluminum foil. Set aside. Also have ready a baking
dish large enough to hold the springform pan in a bain marie, or water bath.
- Crust: Spread slivered almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake
5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan gently every 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant
and lightly browned.
- In the bottom of the springform pan, combine almonds, graham cracker crumbs
and sugar. Add melted butter and almond extract, and mix until well-combined.
Lightly pat crumb mixture onto bottom only of pan, spreading evenly across the
- Filling: With a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
Mix in eggs one at a time; do not over-mix. Add vanilla and sour cream, and
mix just until well-blended. Fold in white chocolate. Pour mixture into prepared
- Pour jam on top in a spiral pattern, then gently stir in jam, leaving swirls
- Place springform pan in baking pan, and fill baking pan with water to a
depth of 1 inch. Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes until set and lightly browned.
Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool, overnight if possible. Run knife along sides,
and loosen sides of springform pan.
- Topping: In a bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, raspberry
jam and water until smooth. Spread on top of cheesecake. If garnishing with
white chocolate, carefully shave off curls with a cheese plane or vegetable
peeler, and scatter curls over top of cheesecake.
Makes 12 servings.
Per serving: fats, 49 grams (58% of calories); calories, 752; cholesterol,
221 milligrams; carbohydrate, 68 grams; fiber, 1 gram; protein, 13 grams; sodium,
Source: Daniel's Pizza Pasta Cafe, Apex, North Carolina