Dave and Busters Santa Fe Veggie Wraps
- 1 (10-inch) flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and jack cheese, mixed
- 1 cup Rice Medley, see recipe below
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Honey Sauce
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup crisp fried corn tortilla strips or crushed corn tortilla chips
Chipotle Honey Sauce
- 1 cup honey-mustard dressing (your favorite)
- Fresh juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon pureed chipotles in adobo*
* Chipotles in adobo sauce are found in cans in the Latin section of most grocery
- Place the tortilla on a plate. Place the shredded cheese on tortilla to
cover. Place rice on cheese. Drizzle the chipotle honey sauce over all ingredients.
- Microwave for 60 seconds or longer to heat rice and tortilla. Sprinkle the
tomatoes across bottom 1/3 of tortilla.
- Place the avocado slices over the tomatoes so they go from end to end of
the tortilla. Place the crispy fried tortilla strips or crushed chips on avocado.
- Roll up the wrapper tightly, beginning with the bottom end that has the
avocados, tomatoes and tortilla strips or chips.
- Place three frilled picks or skewers in the wrapper at evenly spaced intervals
to secure, trim off a 1/3-inch from each open end and cut wrapper straight across
between frilled picks to divide into three even pieces.
- Rice Medley: Choose your favorite type of seasoned rice mix and cook
according to package directions. Mix in desired amount of cooked corn, black
beans, red beans, bell peppers and onion and toss well.
- Chipotle Honey Sauce: Mix together the honey mustard dressing, lime juice
and chipotles into a sauce. You may either add more or less of the chipotle
for a spicier or milder sauce.
Yield: 1 serving
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine on 11/15/2001, 9:56 am.