Dave and Buster's White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt, for water
- 2 ounces garlic butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces aged white Cheddar or jack cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Wash potatoes and bring to a boil in salted water. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes
until potatoes are soft.
- Drain potatoes well. Place back in pot or in a mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, cream, teaspoon of salt, pepper and garlic butter.
- Beat until smooth with a whisk or potato masher.
- Garlic Butter: Sauté minced garlic in oil for approximately 2 minutes until
softened. Mix with room temp butter and chopped fresh parsley.
Makes a 1-quart batch
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/8/2001 11:47 pm.
Source: Dave & Buster's Web Site daveandbusters.com.