De Palma's Linguini, Crab and Asparagus
with Mascarpone Pan Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound picked crab meat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 8 stalks asparagus
- 1/4 pound imported mascarpone
- 1 pound fresh linguini
- Handful of basil leaves, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water until slightly softened; they should still be crisp but not raw. Remove asparagus from water and cool under cold water. When cool to touch, cut into 1 inch pieces on a bias. Set aside.
- Stack the basil leaves on top of each other and roll lengthwise. Cut into 1/8 inch strips across the basil roll. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water with a tablespoon oil and a small palmful of salt to a boil. Add linguini and cook until done (4-5 minutes). Drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper and garlic, cook for a minute, then add the Roma tomatoes. Cook until the garlic has softened but not browned.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, allow alcohol to evaporate then add the cream, mascarpone and crab. Stir while reducing until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, add basil and toss. Place pasta on plates, divide sauce onto pasta and garnish with Parmesan.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6:45:50pm 4/14/03.
Source: onlineathens.com - DePalma's downtown, Athens, Georgia