Deadbeat Pete's Santa Fe Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 medium green peppers
- 4 medium red onions
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 16 ounces salsa
- 6 (4 to 6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces mild Cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces Monterey jack cheese
- Spices: poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic, pepper
- Unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional)
- 4 cups water
- Mix dry ingredients, add water and mix again well.
- Mix marinade. Marinate chicken at least 2 hours (24 hours for best results).
- Cook rice, slice pepper and onions.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix salsa and 4 cups cooked rice. Grill or sauté chicken breasts until firm.
Sauté peppers and onions in unsalted butter until tender.
- On individual plates, put a chicken breast over a bed of rice. Peppers and
onions over chicken. Sprinkle with both types of cheeses. Put in oven to melt
cheese (watch closely).
Source: wbir.com - Deadbeat Pete's
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes