Delilah's Restaurant Collard Greens
- 2 whole smoked turkey wings or 2 smoked ham hocks, cracked
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper seeds
- 3 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 3 bunches collard greens, or others of your choice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Vinegar, for serving, optional
- Chopped onion, for garnish, optional
- Fill a large stockpot 1/3 with water. Add smoked meat and seasoning. Bring
water to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until meat falls apart when touched
with tongs or fork.
- Cut greens into 1/2-inch strips. Wash the greens thoroughly. Add greens
to pot, with salt and black pepper. Cook until tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
Hints: Add vinegar at serving time. Add chopped onion, if desired.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs, and therefore may be difficult
to reproduce in the home.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 10:39:22 pm.
Source: foodtv.com - Recipe courtesy Delilah's, Pennsylvania
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes