Delilah's Restaurant Collard Greens
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 2 whole smoked turkey wings or 2 smoked ham hocks, cracked
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper seeds
- 3 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 3 bunches collard greens, or others of your choice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Vinegar, for serving (optional)
- Chopped onion, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a large stockpot 1/3 with water. Add smoked meat and seasoning. Bring water to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until meat falls apart when touched with tongs or fork.
- Cut greens into 1/2 inch strips. Wash the greens thoroughly. Add greens to pot, with salt and black pepper. Cook until tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
Add vinegar at serving time. Add chopped onion, if desired.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs, and therefore may be difficult to reproduce in the home.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 10:39:22 pm.
Source: foodtv.com - Recipe courtesy Delilah's, Pennsylvania