Depot House Marinated Broccoli Salad
- Florets from 4 bunches broccoli
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
box (not individual) of raisins (1 cup)
- Small pack of toasted or roasted sunflower
- 16 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups mayonnaise or 1 cup
mayonnaise plus 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 heaping tablespoons granulated sugar
of 2 lemons
- Cut fresh broccoli florets until small bite-size pieces. Toss with onion
slices, raisins, sunflower seeds and bacon crumbles.
- Combine mayo with sugar and lemon juice. Pour over broccoli mixture.
- Cover, and place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
Source: Depot House at Madame Julia's Bed and Breakfast - Recipe from Joanne