Derby City Cafe by Dalal Mexican Tortilla Soup
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Grated Cheddar cheese, to taste
- Warm olive oil in a large pot set over medium-high heat (warm the pot first
to prevent scorching the oil).
- When oil begins to shimmer, add onion and garlic; cook until onion pieces
are browned and soft. Add zucchini, chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce,
corn, cumin and black pepper.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for
30 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Spoon soup into bowls; top each bowl with tortilla chips and Cheddar cheese.
Makes 5 quarts.
Source: Derby City Cafe by Dalal, Louisville, Kentucky
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes