Desmond Hotel Shaker Muffins
These muffins, which are are chock-full of fruit and nuts, would make a hearty
start to any morning. The staff at The Desmond serves them in the restaurants, coffee
shops, at banquets and for room service.
Since they could be made in advance and frozen, we think they'll make a great
brunch item or Thanksgiving morning breakfast. Wrap the muffins individually in
plastic wrap and them rewrap in a freezer bag before storing. Allow to thaw in the
refrigerator, then unwrap and place back into muffin tins. Reheat in a 300 degree
F oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 11 ounces diced dried apricots
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, grated
- 1 1/3 cups walnuts
- 1 1/3 cups coconut, shredded
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups honey
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Soak apricots in water for 30 minutes. Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon
- Drain apricots and add to dry ingredients with carrots, apple, walnuts and
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, oil, extract and honey until blended.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add the egg mixture, beating
slowly till well blended.
- Spray large muffin tins and fill to top.
- For topping, combine butter, walnuts, 1 cup flour and brown sugar. Rub together
with hands until a mealy mixture is formed. Sprinkle over top of muffins before
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes, and remove from pan.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine - May 28, 2001.
Source: Desmond Hotel, Albany, New York
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes