DeSoto Hilton Hotel Brittlebread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound flour
- 1 ounce sour cream
- 3/4 cup butter (liquefied, clear)
- 3 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 ounce kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon regular salt
- In large bowl, make ring with flour. Sprinkle baking powder in flour.
- Add remaining items except Kosher salt and 1 ounce sugar in middle of ring, mix
carefully and let rise about 1 hour.
- Roll out as thin as possible, place on sheet pan, and sprinkle lightly with
Kosher salt and sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until golden.
- When removing from sheet pan, roll around your fist, then let cool.
Herbed butter is particularly good on this.
Source: DeSoto Hilton Hotel, Savannah, Georgia
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes