Desperado's Sweet Marinade
Use to prepare ribs.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons pure ground hot red chile, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat to dissolve
the sugar, but do not boil.
- Remove the marinade from the heat and let it cool.
- Set marinade aside until you are ready to marinate the ribs.
Source: Richard Dyer, owner of Desperado's, Amarillo, Texas
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes