Eddie Matney's Chocolate Toffee Bread Pudding
- 3 to 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 cups chocolate cake pieces
- 1 cup toffee chips or pieces
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bring cream, vanilla bean and 1/4 cup sugar to a low boil. Remove vanilla bean.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and remaining sugar.
- Whisk a little of the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture.
- Whisking constantly, pour the egg mixture into the hot cream mixture.
- Place the chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Pour the custard over the chocolate chips; stir until chocolate has melted.
- Layer the cake pieces, chocolate custard, toffee pieces in a greased 8-inch square
- Repeat the layers as needed.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the center is firm, about 20 minutes.
Source: Chef Eddie Matney - Eddie Matney's, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes