Eddie Matney's Rock Shrimp Spanakopita
- 1/2 pound rock shrimp, cooked and chopped
- 4 ounces spinach, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Combine first eight ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Lay 2 sheets of dough
flat on a table, keeping the unused sheets under a damp towel, to avoid drying out.
- Brush phyllo dough with butter, layer two more sheets of dough and repeat the process.
- Put half of the filling mixture at one end of the phyllo dough. Carefully roll
up the mixture inside the dough as you would a cigar. Cut the roll in slices and
place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees F or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 7/23/01 4:14:31 pm.
Source: Chef Eddie Matney - Restaurant: Eddie Matney's - www.azfamily.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.