Edde V's Edgewater Grille
Lobster and Shiitake Dumplings
- 8 ounces lobster meat, cooked
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, julienned
- 3 ounces dry sherry
- 1 1/2 cups cream, divided
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8-inch rice paper, softened in damp cotton napkins, as needed
- 1 teaspoon brown sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons daikon radish sprouts
- 1 teaspoon sambal chili sauce
- 4 ounces butter, diced into 1/2-inch pieces and softened
- 8 ounces white wine
- 1 tablespoon shallots, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato, white wine, shallots and 1/2
cup cream; reduce to 1 cup. Add butter. Pour mixture in a blender; process until
- Sauté scallions, garlic and shiitake mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Add sherry
and 1 cup cream; reduce until thick. Remove mixture from heat. Add ginger and lobster
meat; season with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Place 1 tablespoon lobster filling in the center of each piece of rice paper;
bring edges together to form a sealed purse. Place dumplings in a bamboo steamer;
steam until heated through. Garnish with sesame seeds, sprouts and sambal.
- Serve with butter sauce.
Source: Chef John Carver - Eddie V's Edgewater Grille, Phoenix, Arizona -
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes