Einstein Brothers Bagels
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
Pie Shell and Filling
- 1 (6 ounce) container strawberry cream cheese
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, baked and cooled
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 heaping cups sliced strawberries
- Cream the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add milk and pudding; mix together until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour into pie shell.
- Add topping.
- For topping: Mix cornstarch with sugar in saucepan. Gradually add cold water
and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. After mixture thickens and becomes clear,
stir in strawberry-flavored gelatin. Cool.
- Mix with sliced strawberries and pour over pie.
- Chill overnight.
Source: Chef Keith Hillsbery, Einstein Bros Bagels