El Charro Cafe Mexican Pesto Cheese Crisp
- 1 (10-12 inch) flour tortilla
- 6 ounces total white Mexican, Monterey jack and Cheddar cheese mix
- 3 ounces store-bought pizza sauce
- 3 ounces store-bought pesto
- Chopped cilantro and parsley
- Toasted pine nuts
- Crumbled Cotija cheese for garnish
- Homemade or store-bought salsa (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tortilla on baking sheet and pierce all over with a fork.
- Bake until very lightly browned, about one minute on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese mix on top and return
to oven until melted, about one minute or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and spread pizza sauce and pesto on top.
- Return to oven until just heated, about one minute.
- Sprinkle cilantro, parsley, pine nuts and Cotija cheese
- Serve immediately, with salsa if desired.
Source: Carlotta Flores, El Charro Cafe, Tucson, Arizona
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.