El Charro Cafe Fruit Cheese Crisp
- 1 (10-12 inch) flour tortilla
- 6 ounces total white Mexican, Monterrey jack
and Cheddar cheese mix
- Crumbled mango-infused cheese (available at stores such
as AJ's, Ike's and Trader Joe's)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon
- Fresh fruit slices such as strawberries, bananas, kiwi
- Vanilla yogurt
for dipping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tortilla on baking sheet and pierce all over with a fork.
- Bake until very
lightly browned, about one minute on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese mix on top and return
to oven until melted, about one minute or until bubbly.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and
sprinkle on top.
- Arrange fruit slices and sprinkle crumbled mango-infused cheese.
- Serve immediately, with vanilla yogurt on side if desired.
Source: Carlotta Flores, El Charro Cafe, Tucson, Arizona