El Charro Cafe Green Enchilada Sauce
Here is a recipe for green enchilada sauce. Good with pork or chicken.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped Anaheim chiles
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 teaspoon salt/or to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and sauté onion.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Stir in the chiles, garlic, stock and salt and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree in a blender.
- Use immediately over enchiladas or refrigerate or freeze for later use.
Yield: about 3 cups
Posted by tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes