El Charro Cafe Green Enchilada Sauce
Here is a recipe for green enchilada sauce. Good with pork or chicken.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped Anaheim chiles
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 teaspoon salt/or to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and sauté onion.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Stir in the chiles, garlic, stock and salt and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree in a blender.
- Use immediately over enchiladas or refrigerate or freeze for later use.
Yield: about 3 cups
Posted by tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.