El Chorro Chicken-Fried Steak
with del Chorro Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound pork sausage
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 ounce green peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 gallon milk
- Sauté ground beef, sausage and seasonings until cooked through.
- Add butter to meat mixture; let melt.
- Add flour, then gradually blend in heated milk. Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over chicken-fried steak (tenderized steak dipped in egg, then flour, before frying in oil until light brown).
Source: El Chorro Lodge Restaurant - Paradise Valley, Arizona